Is it possible to apply LinkedIn filters using Bardeen?

Note: This is not scraper-related!

I currently have a list of companies in Airtable that I would like to find the employees of on LinkedIn. Therefore, from the LinkedIn Search page, I’d like Bardeen to:

1. Click the “Current company” label
  1. Paste the name of the company into the input field
  1. Click on the first result
  1. Click “Show Results”

Is this possible to do with Bardeen? I’m open to any suggestions!

Hi Michael!

You can actually accomplish this through dynamic form filler. You can view the tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OYpEK9Ta8U

Please let me know if you need any help getting that set up.

Cheers,
Lucy

Customer Support - bardeen.ai
Explore | @bardeenai | Bardeen Community

Thanks for sharing! This got me 80% of the way there. Here’s how I have it set up:

Unfortunately, the automation is able to add (at best) up to 5 companies. When I hid Bardeen during a run of the automation, I noticed that the filter menu was opening and closing very fast, but oftentimes not providing enough time for the filter to be applied. Is there a way to add a delay to the loop action in the playbook?

Hi Michael,

I’m glad you were able to get most of your playbook done with the YouTube tutorial provided. Currently, there is no way to add a delay to the loop action in the playbook. However, you can try to solve this issue which you are facing by adding a longer delay on the “scrape data on active tab” command. If this doesn’t work, could you please share the link to your playbook so I can more closely inspect what the issue may be? Thank you!

Omansh

Hi Lucy,

Thanks for reaching out! I increased the delay on the scrape action to 3s, but the filter is still maxing out at 5 companies. Here is the link to the playbook: https://www.bardeen.ai/playbook/community/Insert-Airtable-companies-into-Crunchbase-0hJ8cDZO431mdoMz5F

Hi Michael,

We highly recommend the following best practices to avoid some of the issues you are facing:

1. Add a custom delay per page, so the scraping is more human like and also allows the page to load before scraping. This could happen if the page takes a long time for results to load, Bardeen will then think there are no more results. Could you please go into the playbook builder, look for the scraper action and add a custom delay of about 5 seconds? Adding the custom delay tells Bardeen to wait for 5 seconds every time a new set of results are created when it scrolls down.

Here’s an example:

1. We’ve added a new setting to your scraper models that would allow the scraper to run in a normal browser window, but behind the currently opened web pages. Previously, the scraper would try to get the data from a minimized window and, in some cases, would fail to do so because of limitations on some websites - like getting a list of reviews from Google maps and so on. Now, you can disable this so that the browser window doesn’t get minimized, but it also doesn’t get in your way because it’s behind your current windows. This setting is available for both new and existing scraper models - you can easily modify your existing scraper models by opening the scraper settings and disabling the “Use minimized window for background scraping” switch.

1. Scrape in smaller chunks than you are currently doing
  2. Using an app to help keep your computer awake. This is a great one for Mac https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jolt-of-caffeine/id1437130425?mt=12

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Omansh

Previously, I tried adding a 5s delay to the scraper action and was on my computer (so that it did not fall asleep). I will try having the scraper scrape in a full-sized window instead and will let you know the results. Thank you for taking the time to help me!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.