Weird Record Creation Glitch

My workflow is for Linkedin and Smartsuite: Scrape connections page > Use Connection Link to Scrape each profile > Use the company Link to scrape the about page of each company > Conditional look for a search term in all profile fields > send yes to smartsuite record and check the yes box in the record > send no to smartsuite record and check the no box in the record > create company record for all the nos.

I am getting this weird glitch when I use a conditional, where if I run it on 20 records, I get 40 records… 20 of them are completely blank with a Yes checkbox. The other 20 are correct.

I am also having trouble getting accurate keyword searches and would be interested in any tricks. IE: some of my keywords are present in the profile but being skipped.

Also… while working on this playbook I ran into a bug where I would save the playbook and it would revert back to the old info when I ran or opened it… had to delete.

Any help or direction would be appreciated. I have watched some videos but it would really be helpful if there was more thorough documentation.


Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for sending all of these details to our team so that we can help you troubleshoot. I’ve made a tutorial video for you on how you can solve your playbook using Bardeen’s loop commands. This command will essentially help you iterate all of your connections and scrape the information you need from the profile/company. Then, you can use the conditional and SmartSuite integration to add new records.

For the accurate keyword searches, are you referring to the search you are making on your connections page?

Finally, regarding your error with playbook editing, could you please ensure that you have the most recent version of Bardeen downloaded (2.54). If not, please update below. If the issue is still persisting, I’d recommend that you simply remake the playbook from scratch and it should work fine then.

Here’s how you can update your version of Bardeen:

  1. Open the Google Chrome browser.
  2. Navigate to your extensions page by either:
    ◦ Opening a new tab and typing chrome://extensions into the address bar.
    ◦ Clicking on the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the browser, selecting “More tools,” and then “Extensions”.
  3. Enable “Developer mode” by toggling the switch in the top-right corner of the extensions page.
  4. Once Developer mode is enabled, additional options will appear on the page. Look for the Bardeen extension, Click Details and click the “Update” button.
    This will force Chrome to download and install any available updates for Bardeen.

I hope all of this information helps and please let me know if you require any further assistance. Thank you!


Customer Support -
Knowledge Base
@bardeenai | Bardeen Community

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.