AI google news summary use case

I’m trying to achieve this video tutorial from 8:52 about scraping the recent news on a company using google and getting AI to summarize the articles. Unfortunately the video doesn’t have the template in the description box so I’m having to build mine out with a bit of some extra element. I want to grab links of companies from an Airtable table first, search the web for news relating to the company, AI summarize it, then update the same Airtable,

I’m trying to do that for many companies but I can’t even get the automation to work with the 2 companies in my current Airtable. Also when I try to use the ‘update airtable’ module, the search for columns part keeps saying data is different.

Here is my bardeen template and here is the airtable

Hoping someone can help?

thank you in advance

hey @vin_bardeen wonder if you could help with the above? thank you

Hi Tobi,

Just reaching out to say, I’m looking into this and will get back to you shortly. Thanks for your patience.

Customer Support - bardeen.ai
Explore | @bardeenai | Bardeen Community

1 Like

Hi Tobi,

I’ve built a first draft of a playbook that you can get started with. The Playbook takes records from the airtable, then searches for the company and their latest news. It takes the 5 tops news headlines and descriptions and summarizes it with Open AI and then outputs it back to the same airtable.

There were some issues updating the same row in the airtable with the news summary but we are working on that. Just wanted to share this with you first so you can test it out.

Playbook: https://www.bardeen.ai/playbook/community/AI-Google-news-summary-_2-wstxKK3iLUTyc3kn4l

Hi @vin_bardeen , thank you so much for your work on this. Unfortunately, i tried the playbook but it didn’t update my airtable as you said. Hoping you guys come up with something. Look forward to it. Thank you

Hi @vin_bardeen I just checked my airtable again and I can see that it was updated however it was automatically set as hidden field hence why I didnt see it.

Also it creates a new row entirely which defeats the point as I’m trying to update the initial row with the AI summary and not create a new row.

Another issue I’m having with the playbook is that it only picked one company from the table and didnt pick up the other company, hence no output for the other company.

Please check the airtable link above to see what I’m saying better. Thank you

Hi Tobi,

Just reaching out to say that we are looking into this for you and will get back to you soon with a solution. Thanks for your patience

1 Like

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for your patience. Could you please try this playbook and see if it works for you ? I’ve tested it with multiple rows in an airtable and it works for me. You’ll also need to remap the airtable actions to your specific airtable

Playbook: Shared Playbook Template

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.