Scraper won't collect all information after "Load More" pagination is clicked

Hi there,

I’m trying to create a simple scraper on this page (Coverage & Rankings of Top Law Firms). I want to collect all law firm names and all Am Law 200 ranking numbers. I’m able to get the first 10, but for some reason, my scraper isn’t collecting any data once I click the “load more” button. (There should be about 200 items in the list collected)

Right now, I have told my scraper to conduct a series of clicks and delays to expand the list to full size, then scrape all the information I need, but it always stops at the first page. I’m sure I’m probably doing something simple wrong, but I can’t figure it out. Any ideas? Thank you!

Hi there,

We highly recommend the following best practices to avoid some of the issues you are facing:

1. Add a custom delay per page, so the scraping is more human like and also allows the page to load before scraping. This could happen if the page takes a long time for results to load, Bardeen will then think there are no more results. Could you please go into the playbook builder, look for the scraper action and add a custom delay of about 5 seconds? Adding the custom delay tells Bardeen to wait for 5 seconds every time a new set of results are created when it scrolls down.

Here’s an example:

1. We’ve added a new setting to your scraper models that would allow the scraper to run in a normal browser window, but behind the currently opened web pages. Previously, the scraper would try to get the data from a minimized window and, in some cases, would fail to do so because of limitations on some websites - like getting a list of reviews from Google maps and so on. Now, you can disable this so that the browser window doesn’t get minimized, but it also doesn’t get in your way because it’s behind your current windows. This setting is available for both new and existing scraper models - you can easily modify your existing scraper models by opening the scraper settings and disabling the “Use minimized window for background scraping” switch.

1. Scrape in smaller chunks than you are currently doing
  2. Using an app to help keep your computer awake. This is a great one for Mac https://apps.apple.com/us/app/jolt-of-caffeine/id1437130425?mt=12

Hope that helps!
Lucy

Customer Support - bardeen.ai
Explore | @bardeenai | Bardeen Community

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.