Google Play Android App Scraper to Google Sheets Not Working Past First 20 Results

Community Support,

Please see the following:

Playbook:

I am unable to scrape past the first 20 results. Can anyone help resolve this?

Thank you,
John

Hi @john.bauche ,
This is likely a container issue inside of the list scraper template. You need to use the Developer tools on the web browser to find the exact CSS Selector that selects all of the items and then input that into the Scraper Template’s Container Element.

(This is more technical skill - I would try to assist you further, but I don’t use Android so I don’t have a way to recreate this exactly use case inside of the Google Play store website.)

Basically, Bardeen automatically generates CSS Selectors behind the scenes as best it can when users click on elements of the page when creating a scraper template. BUT it isn’t always exact, so sometimes we need to manually locate them ourselves on the backend of the HTML page.

I hope this helps understanding at least.
Thank you,
Jess

Hi Jess,

Thank you for taking a look but I think someone that uses Google Play might know. Every time the “Show More” button is selected, the next 20 results don’t get picked up by Bardeen scraper, perhaps because there is a new container that they are in on pagination of the next results. I am not sure how else to explain it.

Hopefully, someone here knows or can offer a workaround.

Thank you,
John

There is only one container selector inside of a “List or table” scraper.

The HTML of the page has the CSS selector to be able to pull all of them I’m sure, but I cannot reproduce because I don’t use Google Play.

Thanks Jess for jumping in to help! John, I can run this be our scraper engineers and see what they recommend. Stay tuned!

Thanks,
Lucy

Customer Support - bardeen.ai
Explore | @bardeenai | Bardeen Community

1 Like

Request #2630 “Website Contact Form from John B…” was closed and merged into this request. Last comment in request #2630:

Hi Support,

Please see this latest issue:

Here is the Playbook:

How do you resolve this?

John Bauché

M: (949) 279-1064

On Sun, Mar 17, 2024 at 11:05 PM Support support@bardeen.ai wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Thanks for reaching out to Bardeen, the ai automation platform that works for you. Our team will respond to your message with reference ID: 2630 as soon as we can. Evenings and weekends may take us a little bit longer.

Here are a few things we’ll need from you to help our humans help you faster! If you haven’t already included any of these, please reply back to this message with the following:

• Please provide the email address linked to your Bardeen account, should you be submitting this request from an alternate email account.
  • A link to the Playbook you’re working on
  • At least 1 screenshots/video of the issue
  • Have you tried updating Bardeen? Here’s how:
  • Open the Google Chrome browser.
  • Navigate to your extensions page by either: Opening a new tab and typing chrome://extensions into the address bar.
    -OR- Clicking on the three-dot icon at the top right corner of the browser, selecting “More tools,” and then
    “Extensions”.
  • Enable “Developer mode” by toggling the switch in the top-right corner of the extensions page.
  • Once Developer mode is enabled, additional options will appear on the page. Look for the Bardeen extension, Click
  • Details and click the “Update” button.
  • This will force Chrome to download and install any available updates for Bardeen.

You might also want to join our Community at community.bardeen.ai, where you can connect with other automators, discover new use cases, and get support.

Couldn’t quite find what you’re looking for?
:mag_right: Browse our catalog of over 1000 automations and find the ones best suited for your workflows. https://www.bardeen.ai/playbooks

Need help with a scraper? Check out our Ultimate Scraper Guide. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26Gt_9kFVok

Cheers,
The Bardeen Support Team

[9LGDRZ-R2D90]

Hi John,

Thanks so much for reaching back out with this issue. The issue you’re running into can be fixed by using Bardeen’s advanced selector capabilities. You can do so by following the steps provided below.

1. Click the advanced custom selector button
  2. Place the appropriate TagName.ClassName value into the advanced custom selector.

If you’re wondering how I got this li.Yo9bQb value, I just opened up the structural HTML code for the google apps website using inspect element and got the tag/class name from there.

The rest of the settings you chose in your playbook such as the click pagination so with this change, it should function properly. Below, I’ve also attached the playbook that I made so that you can further explore how I got the desired abilities. Hope this helps and please reach back out if you require any further assistance!

Playbook: https://www.bardeen.ai/playbook/community/Google-Apps-Scraper-FGTPN2h2Eck3dbBwZP

Video Loom: https://www.loom.com/share/163fc0942d004c34835c32ff4f56bd34?sid=b232020c-55a2-40dd-bbdf-b7ab968f8418

Omansh

Customer Support - bardeen.ai
Explore | @bardeenai | Bardeen Community

Awesome, thank you!

John Bauché

Awesome, thank you! I will test this out tomorrow!

John Bauché

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.